Are you thinking about planning a tour of Gujarat? Located in the western side of the country, very near to Rajasthan, Gujarat is quite a large place to cover. In fact one trip of 15 days will not be enough to cover all that you have to see in Gujarat.
Well if you are planning a trip to this state, then there is one city that you have to visit, every time you are in the city and that is Ahmedabad. Why? Well it is one of the most interesting places to visit in the state and there are a lot of things that this city has to offer you. So if you are thinking of paying a visit to Gujarat, then book one of the best heritage resorts in Gujarat located in the city of Ahmedabad.
What makes Ahmedabad a must stop during your tour?
Well, Ahmedabad is one of the most popular cities in the country. There are plenty of reasons for which you need to visit and stay at this city for at least two days if not more. Wondering what these reasons might be? Take a look:
- One of the most crucial reasons for which a lot of people all around the world come to visit this place is the Sabarmati Ashram. Built by Gandhiji during the period of the Indian freedom struggle, this place has gone down in the pages of history both as a centre of activism as well as a place which promotes a simple and equal living for all. Today it has an archive which is worth looking at.
- Well, Ahmedabad is a city of many step wells. These wells are one of the defining features of this part of the country and they were mainly used for storing rainwater. Of the many step wells that this city has, the Dada hari ka vav is really good. It is well known for its minute architecture and if you have not seen one, you should definitely check this one out.
- When it comes to witnessing the festivals of Gujarat, there is no place better than Ahmedabad. Asia’s largest kite festival is held here for a week in the mid-week of January and participants from all over the world come here to be a part of the contest. This is the time of makar sankranti, a harvest festival. The religious festival of Navratri garners a lot of attention where people dance to the tune of Garbha with Dandia sticks.
- You have to check out the food road side Gujarat Hotels in this city to get your hands on an authentic plate of Gujarati thali. Well known for its various kinds of snacks and thali, you have to roam the streets of Ahmedabad for the sake of your taste buds.
- And lastly the night market at Manek Chowk, solely with street food shops is a major attraction and a one of a kind practise which has been going on for many years now.
One does not really need a reason to visit Ahmedabad. If you do not want to miss out on a star attraction of Gujarat, a stop in this city is a must.